jueves, 5 de febrero de 2009

Or are you sad?

Sadness, as is happiness, is a subjective state of mind, triggered I believe by oneself. You make yourself miserable, circumstances don't. Although adversity may be knocking on your door, you can choose the way you face it.

Have you ever thought your situation couldn't be worse? Dear reader, if you are reading this post it means you have access to Internet, and hence to communication and to electricity; and probably to running water, three daily meals, a roof, transportation, clothing, etc. Many people in Pakistan or in Ghana don't have access to these privileges of the modern world.

So if you lost your job, your significant other, crashed your car, are sick, etc. there is probably someone who is faring worse than you are.


Lance Armstrong chose to face his testicular cancer, and after he overcame it, he became the most winning ever cyclist of the Tour de France. Micheal Jordan was told he could never play basketball. Barack Obama is the son of a Kenyan immigrant.

Wath this video, it may inspire you
http://www.clarin.com/shared/v8.1/swf/fullscreen_video.html?archivo=http://videosfla.uigc.net/2008/07/29/rp.

Take advantage of every minute. Live your life. take joy in your children, your marriage, your income, your religion, your health (or lack there of); don't take anything too seriously.

2 comentarios:

  1. This is a very important point that I try to teach my daughter. Like Lance Armstrong, I've had to deal with a rather devastating cancer diagnosis. I didn't die right away so I had to decide how I was going to live the life I had left. It took some time to adjust but I came to the same realization as you--happiness is a choice that one can make no matter what is happening to you or around you. After all that I've experienced, I can say that with absolute certainty.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Thanks, I'm very glad to hear that you agree.

    ResponderEliminar